After some information about the teaching materials I used to get started on bead embroidery (which you can find here), I want to share with you my first experiments.
The first piece I wanted to make was a native-inspired pendant, starting from a carnelian cabochon. I glued it to the Lacy’s Stiff Stuff and started my adventure.
Many beads later, I was at the third round when, suddenly, I heard something falling on the floor…it was the cabochon!…yes, I screamed: the glue didn’t hold up and now I could not glue it anymore, because the first round was framing it too tightly…I screamed again…then I remembered what I should do:
- Keep calm
- Start over from a new piece of Lacy’s Stiff Stuff
- Don’t throw the old piece away!
So, that’s what I did. I started and finished my piece adding all the necessary fringes and embellishments and then I went back to the broken one.
I started thinking, and thinking…I was almost losing my hope, when I suddenly had an idea: I filled the center with seed beads and small lucite flowers, added a border…and, voilà…I had a new pendant! Now I have two pieces and I created something I would have never made if it wasn’t for my mistake! :-)
Here are both my creations…enjoy!
P.s. If you don’t want to miss any crafty project, remember to follow the blog by clicking on the “join this site” button in the right column ;-)