Wednesday, January 9, 2013

Snow Queen necklace

Hi everyone!

Today I want to show you my necklace Snow Queen made for the January 2012 Beadaholique contest “The Jewels of January”. For this piece I took inspiration from the beautiful January snow and from the Draped deco necklace pattern from Beadaholique (which you can find here).

The basic RAW (right angle weave) row is the same, but on the following rounds many adaptations were required in order to attach the snowflake pendant. I made central piece using the circular netting technique, then I sew it to a silver-plated filigree stamping and attached the it to the rest of the necklace with a split ring. Adding the filigree on the back was not necessary, but in my opinion it provides additional stability and more complex texture. 

I hope you will enjoy the pictures and be inspired!

  

Materials: 4 and 6mm Czech fire-polished beads, size 11/0 seed beads, 4mm crystal rondelles, fire-polished drops, filigree stamping, toggle clasp and size D nymo thread (with a breading needle).
P.s. If you don’t want to miss any crafty project, remember to follow the blog by clicking on the “join this site” button in the right column ;-)

No comments:

Post a Comment